Saturday, June 29, 2019

Thursday Gaming: Lord of the Rings: Narrative Campaign and such!


  Bring people to the dark side of our hobby can be awesome. With my lovely wife running Demo games, it does not take long to convince people to play games we play. In this case, we found a person who wanted to play 40K Warhammer with no figures who wanted to play said game. We should him how cheap it is to play Battle Companies. It helped that our friend, John, gives away starting a company for free. It is an awesome way to start some into a game. The next best step is to have that said person play a game. It is a firm believe that people learn better while playing a game through. In our case, I think we will see a repeat player.
   However, Thursday Night was suppose to be a Narrative Game Night for our Lord of the Ring campaign. In this case, it was an Ambush Mission with Wargs attacking. In some of these pictures, you will see Warg Riders. Those are mine as a proxy  force. Apparently, after some calculations, I need just a heavy 200 Warg Riders to challenge my wife's Rohan army at this point. No problem! I did not play in this game, since I have been somewhat behind. Honestly, I do not want to give up on this campaign yet. I am stalled for my own behalf, since this last mission is the only one I am interested in. I would have been fine with the further campaign, except for two problems. One, the campaign does not connect well. The second, it does not make sense. Example: the second scenario has us clearing a ruins with a badass Barrow Wight defending it's territory. The story has us camping there and doing this mission. However, if you were given a choice between a Hilton Hotel or a Super 8 Motel in the ghetto after gun shots, where would you stay? And why would you investigate said shots, unless you were a cop paid to do so?
      These are just thoughts. Since there are plenty of people playing along, I guess I cannot completely complain. I just wish that people would be as interested and invested in historical campaigns. Anyway, enjoy our Lord of the Rings games. They are a lot of fun!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment