Tuesday, June 11, 2019

AAR: Lord of the Rings: Narrative Campaign: The Barrow Wight.


   Mission Two on the Battle Companies Narrative Campaign was to clear ruins and kill a Barrow Wight that resides there. I might admit that I was originally looking forward to this, because I wanted to see how "bad ass" this Barrow Wight. It did not disappoint, since it nearly killed everyone in the company. However, as I read though the next missions in general, I realize that these missions are really not written out as good as they should be and do not link very well. The motivation to do this campaign for your character's sake was to find some treasure. That sounds like a normal quest for a narrative campaign. However, I am attacking Orcs and clearing ruins just because. The Barrow Wight just happens to be there as well to kill us. And this all started because my company decided to camp there. It is like deciding to camp out in the bad part of Chicago versus staying a Hilton Hotel. Why not just leave, it the Barrow Wight is so dangerous? Maybe, if the Barrow Wight held the key to the back door of the treasure vault or a clue where to find, I could see fighting out. I might just have to write a campaign myself to see how everyone likes it.












No comments:

Post a Comment