It seems that this project of mine in moving in slow motion in comparison to how I felt when it started. Since the first figure has taken paint, I had lost a project, took an unplanned trip to Florida, and we have lost our AC in the house. But in the good sense of things, I have painted 160 figures out of round one. That is two regiments each of ten stands. Of course, they are not completely finished, since I do not have any flags for our troops. I also decided not to finish with the basing until I truly commit to a color scheme for the board. After all, I plan to match everything for this convention game.
The goal of this week is to finish painting two more regiments. That is about 80 men for play testing purposes. Apparently, this is a little fast, but I tend to be that way with miniatures if I can. Besides, I found that heat in the form of 95 degrees in the house tend to slow my painting down. I wanted to have a schedule of two regiments a week, and the main board finished. This means I would have had eight full regiments ready to go with the remainder of them done in the middle of September. I have no worries, since I am only racing myself.