Sunday, December 31, 2017

Review of the Year of 2017



   Honestly, I have not really done a true review of the year, but I have been seeing a popular blog trend about this. In my case, this can be considered another addition to my normal blog entrees. I try my best to post about seven entrees in my blog for reader satisfaction per month. In this case, December has been fairly lacking in posts, despite actual lots of action. What is this action I speak of, you might say? In this case, Kalissa and I have played a lot of Star Wars: Imperial Assault. Whether in December this was a direct reaction to Star Wars: Legion or the new movie that had come out, we do not know. However, I do not have a current camera at this time other than Kalissa's iPhone. Normally, this would not be a problem until we recently discovered a free upload of the Star Wars: Imperial Assault phone application.  This makes photographing our Star Wars: Imperial Assault games impossible to photography while running the application. I only mentioned this, since we played quite a few games in December. This accounts for the lack of December posts.



    However, it has been a busy year overall for me. I have been keeping pretty busy with my own projects and commissions. Here is the rundown statistics of this year.


  1. Made 89 posts plus this one for this year.
  2. Played in 70 games that I am aware of. There could have been more!
  3. Made 37 gaming boards.
  4. Painted 860 figures.
  5. Painted 25 tanks and vehicles.
  6. Built and painted 3 buildings.
  7. Modified 11 feet of O scale railroad track.
  8. Went to 3 wargaming conventions.
  9. Helped my wife run two Bolt Action Tournaments.
  10. Ran 5 successful convention games.




Games played this year:


  1. Bolt Action: 23
  2. Muskets & Tomahawks: 4
  3. Wings of Glory WWI: 8
  4. Wings of Glory WWII: 12
  5.  Fire And Fury: 3
  6.  This Hallowed Ground: 3
  7.  En Garde: 1
  8.  Star Wars: Imperial Assault: 13
  9.  Iron Cross: 1
  10.  Zombicide: 2
  11.  Panzer Battles: 2
  12.  Sharp's Practice: 1
  13.  Johnny Rebel 3: 1
  14.  Battlegroup: 1
  15. Flames of War: 2
  16.  One Random Alien Game: 1

 
 
 

    I think that there would have been more games if it had not been for some of the personal events in my life. Plus, I have not really gone out of the way to game with new people. This is a habit I am hoping to break in the near future. It is not a New Year's Resolution, since those are usually broken by everyone. However, it just needs to happen for our area. Playing at home is nice, but it is not that effective at getting games. Plus, there is a lazy side to having a game room. It is easy to get sidetracked by other household chores and projects.
    However, I am looking forward to 2018. Kalissa and I have three conventions to look forward to. We have Bolt Action Tournaments to run. I have been gaining more interesting commission work. I have my own project that I am plowing through fairly on schedule. It will be an interesting year. Below are some highlights of 2017. Enjoy!

One of the Fire And Fury games. Though, it was disastrous on my part.

This was a commission I did for El Guettar.

This was another commission work I did. This was my customer's Civil War collection.

One of the many Wings of Glory games.

A more recent game of This Hallowed Ground.

The El Guettar board at Millennicon 

One of the Bolt Action Games we played.

Recent commission board I am finishing. This is one section of Waterloo.

Muskets & Tomahawks.

My convention game at Historicon.

A jungle board commission.

   
    

3 comments:

  1. Your blog inspired me to do my own faux fur mat, I love your boards. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding year! That is a heck of a lot of games. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete