Thursday, June 27, 2019

AAR: Bolt Action: French Country Encounter!


    Sometimes, it is just easier to play games at home. In this case, our friend, Cy, Kalissa, and yours truly decided to play at our house the last Saturday. There were a bunch of 40k tournaments and such going on nearly everywhere. One was a 40K Pre-Tournament. What the hell is that? Why not just say it is just a tournament? It just seems redundant to me.
    Anyway, about our game! We decided to play Bolt Action since Cy had never played these rules. Like all games Kalissa and I play, we do not care about points. I like the quote from the first Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean by Captain Barbossa: "They are more like guidelines!" That is how we feel about points. Plus, real combat tended to not be fair. So of you might think that the four Panther tanks might me a little strong for a list, but they proved to not hit well. The only Panther kill in the game was a half-track destroyed loaded with infantry. Only two infantrymen died in the half-track destruction. Not the result I was looking for. I also went with my psychotic moves with my 222 Armored car. Like normal, it died in a ridiculous fashion! It got killed with a British light mortar!
   Overall, I think Cy enjoyed the rules. The game ended in a "Draw". We could not finish the complete game, but I think we will be able to play another one soon. It just was not possible to continue later with this game, since the mat was a commission project that had to go out. I was just happy to carry on the tradition of play at least one game on a project before it leaves. Anyway, here were the shots of our game. Enjoy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment