Tuesday, June 11, 2019

AAR: Normandy Firefight: Dutch Resistance Scouting Mission Gone Wrong.


   Kalissa and I decided to break up the Fantasy Fest we had been playing with Lord of the Rings. When you play the same game system a lot, it tends to burn you out with the game. Besides, we have lots of game systems to play. We bought out Normandy Firefight and our Lord of the Rings stuff to Hobbytown, U.S.A. to play either. It turns out, despite the many players of Lord of the Rings that showed up, they decided to watch how our game came out. I think some of the players were intrigued that you need so little when it comes to figures. We still play a lot of figures for this game being at the number of five per side. I know that we live dangerously!
    In this game, Kalissa's Dutch Resistance was to scout ahead and report any German activity. The idea was that after contact, they would send somebody back to get more reinforcements. I think in these rules, that means another figure instead on my version of 20 men. None of her people were able to do this. I had some decent luck to say the least. I should have lost my main leader when I was shot nearly point blank with a captured MG34. I lost only one guy charging that said MG, but not by the MG. A grenade I threw killed him and reduced the MG guy down to 4% health. I was able to kill three out of the five before Kalissa withdrew. I don't think we represented these rules at the fullest of our normal gaming. Normally, it would be a grenade fest. Only one was thrown the whole game and caused me to kill one of my own guys. It happens!











1 comment: