Monday, March 7, 2016

AAR: Robin Hood and the Not-So-Merry Men.

    

     After finding out that there was to a been a 40K Tournament at the local Hobbytown U.S.A. we've been playing at, it occurred to me that my wife and I did not had any small boards for our Skirmish games. I had made a few mats for some friends in the past and used their stuff for a while. Wargamers forgetting things, who knew? So I made a quick one for some small action fun for my wife and I. And what better than to play with some Robin Hood figures we got for Christmas. These are the first figures we have ever owned that I did not paint.
    Anyway, my wife decided to play as Robin Hood and his Merry Men. In this case, since we had not invested anything with Robin Hood, she had four figures. Her characters were Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck, and Maid Marian with a knife! I also only had four: King John, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and two swordsmen Harold and Demetrius. Yes, I am aware that is it Prince John, but I found that is irritates my wife, Kalissa saying it that way. We forgot to bring some rule books with us, but found that Ospey Publishing's Ronin rules suited find for this short melee. We also decided that King John(I love you, wife!) and Maid Marian were going to be listed as civilians in all cases of combat.
     I was kind of surprised based on the spread out nature of my wife's deployment. I grouped together and we for the goal. I just wanted to kill Maid Marian. I can be evil and was sucessful! After dispatching the Maid, the anger started. I lost Prince John to the likes of Robin Hood. Little John and the Friar took out Harold and the Demetrius bought the farm. It was then, I released my secret weapon, low morale. If I sound like I know I am losing, there usual is a miracle at the end of the tunnel. Even, Kalissa did not think I would pull through with a three against one standing. Little John charged the Sheriff and paid for it! Then, the Sheriff took out Robin Hood and the Friar Tuck! "They fought the law, and the law won!"
    Anywho, here are some pictures!

The battle ground for the day.

My lovely wife, Kalissa and opponent for the day.

Another shot of the battleground.

Friar Tuck.

Prince John and the Sheriff with two of their lackeys.

Little John.

This picture has a strange coloration. I was having an issue with the Flash on the camera. I never use Flash.

The villains advance!

Maid Marian and Robin Hood are hiding in the woods. Make no mistake, there were some dirty jokes going around about this.

Bushes cannot stop the villains from attacking.

"It's Robin Hood! Get him!"

The sword play in action.

Robin Hood cuts the Prince's heart out, but not with a spoon!

Little John runs over for a helping hand.

The Maid is laid out and killed!

Right before her demise.

The Merry Men take on a soldier.

"It's only a flesh wound!"

Or not!

Little John tries to flank the Sheriff sword fighting Robin Hood.

He is quickly dispatched.

Robin Hood is down.

An unnecessary victory photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment