Thursday, September 12, 2019

AAR: Bolt Action: Whoa Mohammed Defence!


     I like to say that this post is way later than I thought. Apparently, the auto scheduler did not work.


    It is nice to have a random home game in the middle of the week. We have not had too many home games on the count of Thursdays have been Lord of the Rings related and that we have been going to Hobbytown, USA to showcase historical gaming. In this game's case, our friend, Matthew came over to test out scenario missions that are going to be used at this year's Nashcon Bolt Action Tournament that was going to be two days later. This year, Kalissa and I were not running the tournament at Nashcon this year, since they moved the convention dates from June to August. Unfortunately, this landed it at the very beginning of the school year, which is too much "Crazy" to juggle and travel nine hours back and forth. Hopefully, they will move the convention's dates back to June, so we could continue to go. We can only wish the best of luck to the guys running the Nashcon Bolt Action Tournament.
    However, Matthew and I would be playing the "Three Point Defence" mission in the book. The both of us kind of had the same problem of making last minute lists. I am not that competitive of a person normally, but I will not normally roll over for a win. Of course, my dice will say otherwise! Matthew was playing a bunch of Veteran Germans. I was running a lot of Veteran British Airborne. I ended up defending. As a side note to the board, at Kalissa and I's tournament, tall grass is rated as light cover. But since Nashcon is not ours this year, we ignored this for practice purposes.
    Overall, the game was pretty brutal for the both of us playing. The Germans did not quite make it to all of the objectives. I rolled pretty well for this game. We both had about equal amount of casualties, but we had a great time. Hopefully, this run through of a game will help Matthew on his quest for winning a tournament.














No comments:

Post a Comment