Monday, September 16, 2019

AAR:Congo: Kong Says: No!


     I decided to hate myself a little further in gaming by painting the Forrest Tribe for our Congo game. As I may have mentioned before, Kalissa did really well with this faction when she first played the rules at one of the Historicon conventions. So I kind of took my time on them after I figured out how they played. However, the time had come to experience this faction in their natural habitat with a scenario to capture Kong. I believe this is the second mission that is in the book. I did not really read it. For if I did, I would have really knew how much of an uphill battle this was going to be.
    I ran the White Man Expedition to capture or kill Kong, the spirit of the jungle. The forrest tribe were the defenders. I would come in to roll for fatigue from my march somewhere. Of course, I killed off one of my men just with this roll first thing! As the game played, I was not shooting very well, but Kalissa was. I thought that there was a chance she might move in for melee, since one group of my was reload their muskets. In the end, this happened to be true, but with Kong that I did not know had range of me. Yeah.....he killed the unit in one attack with no survivors. And thus, the downhill went. I was able to kill quite few tribesmen, but with no prevail to any fully dead units. Kong had 8 lives that I took down to 4. I had seven turns to do this, but only four rounds to shoot. Needless to say, I did not win. It was definitely an interesting game. Anyway, here are some more pictures. Enjoy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment