Friday, August 16, 2019

Jumping Into 20mm: Mat Showcase


     Part of a goal that I have indirectly been trying to reach has been to used some of the rules Kalissa and I have around the household. We have several rules systems that have been collecting dust for no other reason than being busy and such. No more, I say! In this case, we bought Battlegroup. Despite the fact we could play this game in 15mm or even 28mm, I really wanted to play this game in 20mm. At one point of playing Flames of War for so long of a time, I wanted to venture out into a new scale. 20mm was the most interesting scale, since I had seen that scale played before. Plus, there are some wonderful figures for it. But then, I found 28mm, so we went that direction, even before Warlord Games released Bolt Action. And there area a lot of games that use 28mm, so the 20mm itch, so to speak, was sent to the back of the line.
     Other than having rules that use 20mm as a scale, it can back up as an idea based on convention games. Surprisingly, most of the conventions that Kalissa and I attend, we do not see many 20mm games. However, with some of the convention games I have been running and their size, 20mm starts looking like an answer for larger actions without adding more table. It has the detail. It is not too small, so individual figures can still be based individually. And I can still make my normal fur mats without changing too much on skill (not that I could not figure something out). So we bought a bunch of WWII 20mm from AB Miniatures and some buildings. For now, we have a platoon for each side. And since, I had a customer project cancelled while partial cut, I decided to make a 20mm board for them. So this post is showcasing what I came up with. Enjoy!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment