Tuesday, August 13, 2019

AAR: Congo: The Lion Sleeps Tonight!


        For a third time playing a game, I decided to play the African Kingdom faction that I destroyed Kalissa with. I figured it would be an uphill battle, but there where no hills in this game. Instead, I got to face off with a new player named Chris who had recently moved into the area. He would be playing the British Expedition Force. Since he had never played the rules either, we did not play into a scenario. However, it all honesty, the faction I was running might fair better in an actual scenario.
     So my plan of attack was straight forward using as much terrain as possible. I did not even avoid the dangerous terrain, because I had just painted a bunch of animals. My mini-goal was to have someone somewhere die from an animal attack. Chris was aware of this, too, so he also ran into some dangerous terrain. As far as the game went, I was able to charge in and kill a unit of Ruga Rugas, which was all I could do for the rest of the game. I tried some suicide attacks that was successful at killing my own units. I tried to flee, but my wife informed me that I cannot just run off the board. I will have to look where that was written. However, I did manage to draw out a lion from he sleep. It was rather underwhelming, since I killed him with no problem. And that was how this game was turning. It was fast, becoming a PAD game (Prolonged Active Death). I ended the game after everyone with a weapon was killed.
    What I learned from the faction I was playing is that I would not have ran the list I was using. Of course, this is more based on the lack of more figures for this game and that it is the list the Northstar Miniatures provided when you buy. I think I would have switched out my Fanatical Warriors and my Scouts for more Married Warriors. The Fanatical Warriors without shooting weapons screwed over a couple of good opportunities. The Forrest Tribe in the near future, should be interesting.


















No comments:

Post a Comment