Monday, August 12, 2019

AAR: Lord of the Rings: Battle Companies: Bogging Down!


    At our local Hobbytown, USA, it has been scheduled that a vast majority of us gamers play Lord of the Rings: Battle Companies on Thursday nights. The narrative campaign that I had mentioned in an earlier post is still going on. However, my wife, Kalissa has been going more that I have. I have been scheduled to work nearly every Thursday night, so these latest two games are what I played the last Thursday. Though, the narrative campaign was still being played, I decided not to play the Elves that I started with. Instead, I brought one of my other Battle Companies: my Mordor Orcs. At this point, they are nearly all Warg Riders. I like their speed and flexibility. And to boot, I brought my evil swamp board. Afterall, why only use a board once!
      So what I discovered is that my own board did not work well against me. Plus, I have come to an interesting conclusion when it comes to Battle Companies as a whole: I cannot use specialty rules in my forces! As luck would have it, almost everyone I have turned into a Hero with all of these "Bad Ass" rules dies first in a shooting phase. I have one Warg Rider with a bow that can shoot without movement penalties, with a 3+ hit that can reroll hits to kill. I do not know how good any of that is, because he died first in both games! This is a complaint, but that is only because, no one is playing a normal Lord of the Rings game. I think I could do more damage with regular troops that heroes running every where. I, also, would have rather not had a population cap, because I could have had a rather large army to use at this point.
     Anyway, here are some pictures of my demise. The first game, I lost everyone without killing anyone. "Flawless Victory!" from Mortal Combat was what I heard. The second game, I did much better. I killed three people before losing.











No comments:

Post a Comment