Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Commission Mission: Battle of Eutaw Springs, SC


   This was just some recent photos of a project that I had going. While I am writing this, I still have a day's work ahead to finish it off. The commission was to make a board for the Battle of Eutaw Springs in South Carolina during the American Revolutionary War. I cannot say I was too happy with myself for this project. I felt kind of stupid for never hearing of this battle. More embarrassing, I lived in South Carolina for several years. Plus, I have friends for Eutawville, SC. But the great thing about projects I receive are that I get to learn new things. And now, I know to stop by this battlefield park when I drive by on road trips.


    Anyway, the pictures below are a combination of my commission with my trees and some commission trees for my client. I am not sure why I do this to myself, because displaying these things only leave me with more ideas. It is kind of like the fact my wife, Kalissa mentioned Jurassic Park Games right after seeing this board. The wheels started turning in my head for a future game with terrain. Despite this, I leave you all with what I had accomplished so far. I added my Muskets and Tomahawks figures for show or in case, I can con Kalissa into playing on the board. Either way, enjoy!


Rivers are usually the scariest parts of my commissions. 



Just some French and Indians for show.

Some British as well.

I was also commissioned to make a large thicket. I think it looks close to what I have seen. The base overlaps another, so you can lift it for troop movement.


I also made some more trees with woods bases.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding work as usual David, amazing. The thicket looks spot on!!

    ReplyDelete