Thursday, January 25, 2018

AAR: Pantheon: 3v3 Melee



     It appears that Kalissa and I have gained another fan of the new Mythic Battles: Pantheon game. It was on a Saturday, when our friend, William had came over to visit randomly from Greensboro, NC. We did not expect him, but we took no time in showing our new game. Oh darn, an excuse to play a game! Besides, it was not too much of a push, since William did rather well in a game of Of Gods and Mortals a year ago. In this case, I just did not have to make the terrain as well.
    The first game, I did not get any pictures, since it was just another first scenario game. Kalissa played against William and won. In a way, it was not too much of a fair fight when some one is just introduced to a game. However, Kalissa is a teacher and I am not! She has a better way of teaching games to new people when it comes to new rules and systems. Though, she teaches 1st Grade, we are not that much different. Because she beat him fairly quick, we decided to play a 3 versus 3 player game. This gave me an excuse to test out other characters in the game that we have not tried. Kalissa when with her God of Ares, William stuck with the God of Zeus, and I went with Athena. She is my main Goddess when it comes to Greeks.
    The board was set up with 10 Omphalos (those funky little gems) to capture. The rules were simply to either kill all of your opponents' Gods or collect four Omphalos. It seems that collecting was the way to go. One might have thought of our game as a little boring, since we all had six rounds of collecting and no combat. That was partially due to the lack of cards to deploy forces, since the game had everyone start off the board. It took my attack to start actual hostilities to roll some die. This was about the same time as William discovered Zeus' area lightning attack. Everyone one in a section that receives area fire takes an attack. In this case, four units got hit. I lost one and Kalissa nearly lost another with lots of damage to two more units. It was rather shocking!
   The rest of the game was spent with my constant random jabs at various units on the board. I needed to hold out just a little longer so I could absorb the last gem to win the game. I happened to gain the cards I needed and decided to slightly draw out the game just to see what my Minotaur could do. I did win the game, which is now the second time. I just plan to have the figured painted in the near future. Here are the game shots below.
 









No comments:

Post a Comment