Saturday, March 2, 2019

AAR: Ronin: Swords Flying High!


   Kalissa and I have quite a few rules sets and figures laying about for one type of game or another. Since Ronin is a project for the upcoming Historicon 2019, it only seems fair to practice a bit with the rules. This is especially true when you have not playing Osprey's Ronin in three years. We were going to play another game today, but our recent lack of sleep has taken a toll on multiple games. Besides, we did pretty well for playing this game in a little over an hour with six turns!
      In our game, the goal was to try to capture an objective in the center and carry it off the board. I realized that we had a whole bunch of treasure chests that I have not painted at home at the beginning of this game. We used a glass bead as our marker.  I decided to play the Sword Training School for my side. I am sure there is a better name for them. Kalissa had her fundamentally peaceful Sohei monks.  So I have all of my guys armed with Katana blades versus a mix of weapons like bows, Tempos, and various other stabbing objects. The good news was that I had more numbers, but they all had no armor. My idea was to rush the objective under fire in hopes that I would not be shot.
     The plan I had worked. I nearly lost anyone to firearms or bows. I managed to roll very well throughout the game where it became better to fight and kill rather than take the objective. Needless to say, after all was said and done, all of the Sohei had be murdered. Murdered made more sense, since there were some rather overkill rolls in my attacks. Both Kalissa and I thought this game was way more violent than the last time we played it. Either way, I have some Koreans and Chinese to paint up for another faction to test out. Maybe, that will tip the balance of power in the game next time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment