Thursday, February 28, 2019

Playing in Gangland: Calling Dick Tracy


    This is the last posting for February, it seems. It is also the last Muster related game that I played. Based on how busy it has been for some commission work, I have not played any games with the exception of the game Hate. That would have been the last post for this month, if I had found out what I did with the photos. Personal organization was never my strong suit. That is more work related!
    Anyway, I have wanted to play a gangster game for a while. Kalissa got lucky enough to play Chicago Way at Historicon one year, where as, I had not. In this case, this was a gangster game, but not Chicago Way. I cannot remember the name of the rules, though they are treated like playing in a movie script. Main characters have more actions than other figures who could be rated as supporting characters or just mobster/police "red shirts". Each area is treated like a scene in a film and is played out accordingly.
    Of course, if I am going to play in a gangland type game, I was going to be a mobster. I had several mob members with all sorts of guns. Tommy Guns and pistols everywhere! Oh my! The Police had shotguns and rifle along with what the mob had. The goal of the game was to have the Hero find the damsel in distress. Kalissa made it clear that this would not  have occurred if she was in the game. The mobs job was to hide her and prevent the Hero from getting her out of trouble. Oddly enough, the hero looked like Dick Tracy. I think he was given another name in fear of some copy right issues. Besides, this game was a B movie anyway.
     The game was full of action and both police and gang members were dropping like flies. In the end, the mob managed to ambush all over the police who seemed to be marching down the road in a parade. The mob won the game! Of course, this does not help in the project field of gaming for me. We had a friend of ours already give us some gangster figures with Tommy Guns. And with our Batman Kickstart stuff coming scheduled to be delivered in April, it looks that mobster games are going to pop up in our household. Below are the rest of the pictures. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment