Saturday, March 9, 2019

AAR: Bolt Action: A Game Demo.

 
     On another day of Saturday gaming at our local Hobbytown, U.S.A., I met up with a gentleman named Neil to run a demo game. Normally, Kalissa and I tend to do these games at other conventions, so it was nice to play one in our area. Neil brought some British Paratroopers, but had to borrow a tank. So one of Kalissa's Cromwells would do. We did not really need to have tank, but I wanted to try to represent as many rules as possible in one game. I played rather normal, but left some moves to force certain situations. The whole point was to have fun and try out rules while still playing a full game. This was why I set up a table with a bit of everything other than hills and water features. Besides, I had to represent the game as best as possible.
    So how was the game? It ended in a Draw. We played a basic "Meeting Engagement" mission to just kill. I lost two German squads, a sniper, a Panzershrek team, and a Marder III. Neil lost a FO, a sniper, a Cromwell Tank, and one squad of infantry. We managed to make it to turn seven, which spelled the end to a Marder III. Death by PIAT! It was all good fun like demos are suppose to be. Hopefully, we will have a rematch in the near future.





















No comments:

Post a Comment