Saturday, January 5, 2019

ARR: Muskets & Tomahawks: Woods Ninjas Raid Again!


        In our local gaming community, Kalissa and I have discovered different places and times to play games where the most people are. Even if it is not a New Year's Resolution for us, we wanted to spread as much gaming options as possible for our fellow gamers. This does not always seem to have that much of an effect. Between the Warhammer crowd and the X-wing ones, they seem rather stuck in and entrenched to the same game systems. No new stuff ever! Well, there might be a point to that, since it is easier to play games if you have people to play those games. The supernatural gaming squirrel is as hard to keep up with as well as keeping up with the Joneses. And we realize that most people are not made of money. However, I digress!
      On Thursday nights, our local Hobbytown, U.S.A. has a long gaming night. Somehow, we did not hear of this sooner. Of course, we decided to show up with Muskets & Tomahawks. I am not sure why we do not play this game more often. We have a lot of French and Indian War figures and now, we know of a new line of figures from Sash & Saber Miniatures. I will most likely get some Highlanders from their line. And the only reason I have not done a convention game with these rules means that I would be rivaling another gamer who runs those rules at nearly every convention I go to. And I am not sure why I care?  Needless to say, we decided to share these rules at Hobbytown where we did get some people to ask about the game. This is an encouraging thought!
     In our game, I decided to play as the Indians aka "Woods Ninjas". If you have seen previous posts, you would know that my wife writes mean lists in games when she sits down to understand them. I was using her list against her, which is similar to having them being led by Chuck Norris, Shaun Claude Van Damn, and Stephen Seagal. Round house kicks for everyone! They were given Elite stats with Native, French & Indian War Veterans,and Scouts. The French did not have a chance! By the way, Kalissa was running the French. We can just say that this was payback for picking a French Soldier Model as my award at Historicon for my ACW Game.
    The battle played out like it should have with the Indians. They would pesky and sneak through the woods and snipe at the French who would be bewildered to do anything about it. Well, the French killed the first person with ease. The next step was for the Natives to engage the enemy in melee combat. I thought it was going to go better for me until I lost the unit. I was able to knock the French Regulars down to three men. Since I realized that Kalissa and I were equals in melee combat, I took the rest of the game sniping her troops out of existence. The game ended on turn four. My thoughts of this game are that we have way more troops to paint. We have at least two more boxes of Indians, two boxes of French Regulars, and one box of British Regulars. I think I should try to paint these......






















This is the face of "I am innocent; you would not roll against little harmless me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment