Saturday, June 16, 2018

AAR: What A Tanker: It Helps To Win When You Actually Fight Back!


      Just to get out and about, some friends ours decided to meet up at our local Hobbytown U.S.A. to play What a Tanker of Too Fat Lardies. A couple of things that made this game happen other than to game was that our friend had borrowed some of our tanks to play the same game at Nashcon. This did not happen. Rather than add to the chaos of an already filled car, we let him take them back to Fayetteville. I am sure he will read this possibly thinking he was used. He was! So we would have to get back our tanks eventually. The other reason was to test out my new camera to replace our old one. We had been photographing with our phone for the last year and that gets a little old running out of room for storage. I ended up getting a Nikon D3400. This way when I am running my games at Historicon at the same time Kalissa is running hers, we can both photo at the same time. And as you can see from the pictures, there seems to be a nice improvement. This was the camera's maiden voyage to the miniatures world.
     As for our game, Hugh and Kalissa teamed up as the British against the Germans. Our friend, Tim and I were the German. I would say German team, but I was not much of a team player. One could say that my job was a target distraction. I spent most of the game taking hits In fact, this is the first game that I never shot a round at anyone. A saner person would have taken the lost and bail out of a tank that damaged, but did not want to give a point so freely to my wife. She did kill me in the end.
    The real fight was against Tim and Hugh. Both lost tanks in the battle, but they took turns dodging out of trouble. The best shot Hugh had on Tim was a shot in the ass in the open. It was a easy shot, but Hugh rolled nearly the worse roll out of seven dice. Only one dice was above a two! It was rather amazing, since Hugh's Guard dice roll rather well in most games. Only Kalissa left the game without loosing a tank. Below are the rest of the game shots. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment