Wednesday, June 13, 2018

AAR: Pantheon: A Recent Late Night Demo!


     In an evening not so long ago, some friends of ours joined us at our house to play a Mythic Battles: Pantheon game. Kalissa figured that she could practice being a game master for our next convention: Historicon. Our friend, William brought over one of his friends named Wayne to hang out, so it was a perfect opportunity to test teaching the new rules. William, Wayne, and I played in a 3 vs. 3 game. Of course, I took Athena as my goddess. William took Zeus, since he like his lightning abilities. Wayne took Ares. Kalissa directed him to take Ares, since he is a more strait forward God with the least amount of complex rules. I got to start the game with William having the next turn to show how the system works. Wayne did not really have any issues picking up the game. It is not that hard, but the game can still have some complexity to make the outcome interesting.
     In my case, William has been having a specific blood lust for killing my units. This seems to stem from the multiple games that I have won. First thing that happens, Zeus lightnings my Amazons! They had not even fired a shot with their bows, but they were gone until Athena revived them again. There were quite a few battles between my until and Zeus's. Ares only really got into battle after I sent in the Hydra in the center to mess with everyone. With and special attack, I can hit everyone in neighboring spaces with a hit. It was very useful taking down different units. The Hydra was also able to throw Zeus into the same space as Ares for fighting purposes. With so many units in an area, Zeus decided to use in Lightning Area attack in his own space. William found out that Zeus also takes the hits as well if he is in the same space. With Zeus down to one life point and Ares had nearly collected enough gems, I decided to try to kill Zeus for the win with none other than the resurrected Amazons he had first killed at the beginning of the game. I just did not roll what I need. Wayne won the game in the end. Below were the pictures.








   

No comments:

Post a Comment