Monday, April 6, 2020

AAR: Bolt Action: The German/Soviet Slap Fight!


     This was a home game of Bolt Action against a friend of ours, Matt. I would like to emphasize that this was a HOME GAME, because some people on the other media I have posted on have be a little upset about it thinking that we were running a public event versus a private home game in concerns to the Covid-19. Of course, would it matter if I was still going to work seeing over a hundred people per hour? I am not sure. I figure if it is going to kill me, than it is going to kill me. I am not worrying over it. Besides, worrying leads to stress, which leads to a lower immunity, thus making it easier to get sick. Just be advised that I am not going out in public licking my hands after never washing them and "Hi-Fiving" everyone I meet. But enough about that!
  I invited my friend over to play a game of Bolt Action. I wanted to test out my Soviet list to see if I could do as well as my wife did against me with said army. And what I have learned, not near as awesome. But there is something to say about running three IS-2 Tanks in a list. It might be over kill, if they were not listed as Inexperienced. Matt played a German Veteran list for the most part. He brought a Tiger I, which I can understand. I think that it the only reason it survived the game; it was a Tiger! It managed to take out one of the IS-2s, but was disabled and pinned for the rest of the game. We laughed about this, since it was on a fuel shortage, so no movement made not a lick of difference. The game ended with a draw, I lost two IS-2s, and my free inexperienced squad. I took out one half-track and one truck. Overall, it was a fun game. And here were the photos.
     

Our six foot social distancing did not keep us from Corona, even though, it was not the virus version.

























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking game! With you on the virus too. I am not going to stress over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you are getting some gaming in David! :-)

    ReplyDelete