Sunday, April 12, 2020

AAR: Battlegroup: 15 mm Tank Fight: Germans Vs. Canadians


      Since I was on the inspiration of 15 mm terrain, I figured that Kalissa and I could whip out some of our Battlefront tanks we used for Flames of War for a Battlegroup game. Now, I have not played too many games of Battlegroup, and my wife has played less. My whole interest into to the game started after 4th addition Flames of War had left a rather sour taste in my mouth with all of the changes, especially with terms that were unnecessary. But to be fair, Kalissa and I were expanding to new horizons at this point in our wargaming adventures. The UGIG system was fading towords some of the more chaotic game styles like Bolt Action, Muskets & Tomahawks, and other games. Battlegroup has some of those elements which was proven today.
    In our game, we had a Battle Rating of 48 with the Canadians versus the German 39. Kalissa mentioned the unfair BR values, but I had the better tanks. Half of Kalissa's Canadians crossed an open field in normal Kalissa fashion. "You cannot kill them all" seems to sum up her motto! This, of course, did not stop me from doing so, but by turn four. To be fair, it occupied a lot of shots. To play a more simple game, we did not count ammo. I think that would have been too much for the both of us to keep track on a quick pickup game. I happen to loose a lot of Panzer IV in trade for the lot of Sherman tanks. I, also, lost two Panthers in the process. Needless to say, the pictures I took did not match the deaths that later accorded. The game was more of a draw. Either way, here are some pictures. Enjoy!











  

No comments:

Post a Comment