Sunday, December 29, 2019

AAR: Star Wars: X-Wing: Star Wars Event at Hobbytown 12/21/2019




 The weekend before Christmas, Kalissa and I went out to Hobbytown, USA to join a Star Wars gaming event run by our friend, Darion. He came up with a scenario that linked both Star Wars X-Wing with Star Wars Legion. I was interested in played, since I recently got the starter kit for Star Wars Legion: Clone Wars. I am still not finished putting them together. The droids have been getting some serious colorful language from me while building them. However, it was also an excuse to play something; anything at this point. It had been a full month of no games. This had to be rectified!
   I was more interested in learning to play Legion, but I ended up playing along side my wife in an X-Wing game. We both played this game last time the second week it came out. One might say, that was a while ago. The scenario had us as Imperials trying to stop ships of reinforcements from reaching the surface of Hoth. The larger ships were blocking the ships and ran by my wife with no shooting abilities. I ran the six Tie-fighters with my awesome shooting abilities. Translation: I never shot down anything the whole game. However, the game clearly went with the Imperial Forces. The Rebels were wiped out by turn three on the ground, and the ships could not make it through the blockcade, because of my wife. She manage to ram and kill five ships. Yes, she is just as deadly without guns!










No comments:

Post a Comment