Sunday, December 29, 2019

AAR: Lord of the Rings: After Christmas Game.



    As previous post have show, at Hobbytown, we tend to play Lord of the Rings on Thursday nights. I had worked a morning shift and realized I was able to go for the first time in a couple of months. Kalissa usually went on her own while I was working. Most of the time, the people there have been playing Battle Companies. This is not a problem, but sometimes Lord of the Rings feels better in a normal fighting game. In a typically fashion in our wife vs husband games, we can care less about points. I just was pulling stuff out to play with. The orcs did not have to completely outnumber my wife's Rohan. She had more she could have pulled out, but she was fine with what she set up. Besides, I still have another 140 Rohan warriors to make and paint. We might have a lot. This same day, I bought her the new  book War in Rohan book.
   Anyway, this turned in a slaughter for my wife's force. I was actually rolling great for a change! We ended the game in four turns. Otherwise, we spent the rest of the day hanging out with other wargamers. What social butterflies we are!














No comments:

Post a Comment