Thursday, December 6, 2018

Communication Breakdown and the Lord of the Rings.


     Well, it is not too often I can use a Led Zeppelin song title in the same context as Lord of the Rings. But in this case, it makes sense to do so. I normally do not make too many project mistakes, but this time I did. The project at hand is for a Lord of the Rings board based on the Battle of  Pelennor Fields in the book/movie Return of the King. What happened was that I did not know that  there was a difference between a diagram on my client's site from what we were given. Though, this did not turn into a complete disaster. For one, I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings, but never got around to buying anything for it. Well Son of a Squirrel and it's bushy tail! I decided to buy figures for it. And since, I did that, it means that my too wide of a road cut mat just turned into my own board. In a sense, it is like a happy accident. I do not like to waste potential boards, so this was a nice push.
       So this is just a showcase to what I have done so far for mine. I will have to share what the other one is going to look like shortly. Either way, it has been fun to make boards that are aimed at fantasy. And to think I was told that fantasy boards cannot look awesome and playable. I say "Fiddle Sticks!"


As you can see, I decided to place my Riders of Rohan on the board. 







No comments:

Post a Comment