Sunday, October 14, 2018

AAR: Mystic Battles: Pantheon: Swamp Things


       This post is really one that should have been for September, since it was playing on the last day of that month. I, actually, forgot about the photographs of this game until this posting major picture upload from the recent wargaming convention Kalissa and I went to. Between some large amount of work from both commissions and regular work, we have not had as much game time. Most of you fellow wargamers experience this all of the time, because life goes on. If it was not for that, I might have read more into the board I pulled out for this report's Pantheon game.
       I had one day of in September where I just felt the need to paint. I still have about 300 figures of whatever to paint throughout the household. I might consider some random bring-along game for smaller conventions to give myself more motivation to paint some of these dust collectors. However, I managed to paint up about 30-something figures for Pantheon. We are still getting more from the Kickstarter's second round in the near future. And since the new painted figures were done, it was a good enough excuse to con William and Kalissa into a game on a Saturday evening.
      Now, for the board, I picked one from the Hera Expansion, because (get this!) it was pretty! We have our 3-D board, but the regular boards fit on our kitchen table better. If I had read into the symbols marked on the board, I would have discovered that it was a swamp board. Most of the figures talents made it hard to go through swamps. More importantly, it meant that monsters with the swim ability have a main advantage on this board. We have one painted: the Hydra! All of the others are in other expansions that we will be getting. The ones after this were the ones that could fly.
     In this game, Kalissa took the Titian: Atlantis! William stuck to his normal guns with Zeus! I decided for the second time ever of this game to betray Athena for another God. I went with Hades. In this game, there were alot more troops than normal. Kalissa seemed to run the least amount of figures, but with the most annoying capabilities toward William. I was not affected by any of hers in this game until the last round. This is probably why I won in the end. I, also lost very little in troops with exception to the Hell Hounds that came on the board to immediately exit to the tune of one bolt of lighting by Zeus! William loves that ability! Here are some more pictures!










No comments:

Post a Comment