Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Product Review: Impudent Mortal's New Historical Line.




          It has been a while since I have done a review of any products. However, I had just built a building from Impudent Mortal's new line of historical building designed for the early American games for periods such as AWI, The War of 1812, ACW and other applications. The designer, Walt and his lovely wife, Michelle are good friends of ours in the convention scene. They have helped us in supporting our Bolt Action tournaments with prize support and terrain to use for a couple of tournaments. They are really nice people and we like their items.
           Recently, Walt had confronted Kalissa and I at this year's Nashcon to pick our brains about trying to make a new historical line. They have made quite a few lines of buildings for the city and factory warehouses. I have a warehouse from them that I have not built, but it is one the list. I plan to make a board for our tournaments using the factory building I have. However, it occurred to Walt that they had been to more historical conventions than Sci-Fi and Fantasy ones. And so, we suggested various building types that would be useful for the first run. These ideas panned out to be showcased at this last Historicon.
      Needless to say, through some communications on some designs, Impudent Mortal did a great job a designs. I do not think their line is up a running on their site yet. However, they ran out of everything they brought and more. I suspect they will be busy for the next couple of months. Out of luck between running games, I made to the vendor hall to pick up one of the last gems. This was a two-story stone farm house.
   The great thing about their designs is that they are simply easy to build. I used Loctite Control Gel to put mine together in ten minutes. That is right! Ten minutes! I could have been quicker than that if I was not looking for were I put my spare glue at. If it was not night time and raining, I would have had this primed and painted this evening. I will share that when it comes about.
   
Points of interest about these models:

  1. They are large models that fit the size of 28mm.
  2. The design is simple, but crisp.
  3.  The doors are not attached, so you can open and close them however. Or you can glue them in place at your leisure.
  4. They do not have multi-floors, but they are simple enough designs that you can easily make such arrangements. I probably will in the end. Nothing some square dowels and hardboard cannot do.
   So there you have it. That is my review!








      

No comments:

Post a Comment