Monday, July 23, 2018

AAR: This Hallowed Ground: One Last Olustee Game


          After getting home from our great time at Historicon, Kalissa and I took the next day relaxing. Somewhere in that timeframe, we were asked to try out our scenario at home. Part of this stemmed from still having our tables up from our playtest a few days before heading North. We had no problem with hosting a game on a Saturday.
         Instead of six players like we had a Historicon, this was a four player game. Danny and I took the Confederates while Kalissa and Tim took the Union side. Not to insult my side too much, but Danny and I were facing off against two gaming foes that are fantastic at rolling. And both Danny and I are still know for doing bold daring actions. In this case, I costed our possible win with a highly aggressive assault against Tim's line. After stating his ability to roll dice, I am sure you know how it turned out. The rest of the game came down to mini-goals. If you are going to surely lose, mini-goals are the way too go. Danny's was to kill a regiment from each Union player. He did succeed! Mine was as simple as to get my reserve troops into action, since all of my starting forces were destroyed by turn two. In either case, this was a fun game to play out. I am glad for the request, since it was be a bit to play a game that big. I have project to finish, and new ones to start. The good news is that it will inspire me to play more game types. Below are the rest of the photos.













1 comment:

  1. Excellent stuff David! What a great way to round out a massively successful project!

    ReplyDelete