Monday, March 12, 2018

AAR: Pantheon: Fight Over the River Styx.



    This last week turned into a board game week along with gaining tons of work hours. Our friend, William had came home for Spring Break and was looking for some game. Pantheon was the obvious next choice, since he was determined to make sure I lost. I told him that the last game I lost, but that was not satisfactory, since it was not against him. When friends aim their goals at you! 
    Anyway, this was a 3 versus 3 game with Kalissa playing Hermes. Of course, I had learned my one time lesson and played Athena. William went with Zeus. This board was suppose to be one of the harder ones, since there are swamps and rivers involved. I am not sure if I would have called it a river. An important note about the river was that only mortals and heroes may end a turn in the river. Monsters and Gods cannot end their turn there. This must be a mistype. I cannot imagine someone saying that Godzilla was not allowed to step in a creek. Essentially, that is what the rules state. Even the errata for this game did not challenge this. Odd.
   But it was the river that gave William the victory, since he was the only one with troops to do so to collect the last gem. I will have to say that he is getting better at playing this game. I am sure that the lack of slaughter, such as our ill-fated, Imperial Assault campaign might have something to do with it. Either way, below are the shots of our game!






No comments:

Post a Comment