Monday, February 5, 2018

Olustee Project Update: More Board.



 
     This is just another update about my Civil War Project for this year. I have been somewhat busy with other projects, work, and commissions as of late, so I did not want to let anyone following this project to think that it has been sent to the rear. It is far from that, I assure you! At this point, I have painting four more regiments: two Confederate and two Union. I have made some more pine trees. I have made some snake rail fence. And I built a plastic house that I forgot my wife got for free two years ago. It is not involved in the scenario. Plus, I made another section of the board. I just need to make one more section to complete the full battlefield. I could have just done this all at once, but it seems nicer to pace myself. I decided to do this last weekend between projects.
   However, I still have a lot to accomplish. I still have quite a few troops to paint: about 500 more. I know that might seem a little much, but if the rules Kalissa and I have modified a little, it is most likely going to have high casualties. I probably will not get as carried away as having a casual per figure like our WWII game, but it is still early. Despite the large number of figures planning to be involved in the game, I expect to have half of them removed on dice rolling violence.
   I also, need more detail for the mats, which some might say is not needed, but it will just add a little extra character. I need to get my palm underbrush incorporated into the scenery as well. Plus, I have to make a pond, finish one swamp, and start on the larger swamp on the third board. This also means more trees. There will be about 100 trees on the whole battlefield, give or take. Either way, I am looking more and more forward to the finished product. Below are some current results.
















2 comments:

  1. Looks great David! How big will the board be for this? 6x12?

    ReplyDelete