Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Olustee Project Update: Some Recent Painting.


   I came to the realization that I was not upholding my time table for my Olustee Project and it was time to fix that situation. For one, the plan was to paint at least a regiment a week just to get my project done early. I realize that this was not completely realistic, since there are things bound to come up, which it has. But this post is to show that this project is going forward.
    Here are a few things that have been done.

  1.  I have gained 760 figures from Sash & Saber that is about roughly half of what I plan to paint. 
  2.   I have gained all of the necessary pieces I need for making and modelling Southern pine trees with exception of the static grass I am using for the needles.
  3. I have another 140 bases cut out for the next bunch of figures.
  4.  I am finishing off three more infantry regiments with final touches. This is all, of course, minus the flags I need.
  5. We have tested some different rule sets for our future game.
  6.  And the results are strongly heading towards "This Hallowed Ground." I had downloaded the reference sheet for Jay's Wargaming Madness a while back, but had recently looked at them. Kalissa brought the rules up to our friend, Hugh, who was helping us play test rules with his 15 mm figures. It is a special moment when Hugh says that these rules are worth looking into! I've heard him utter these words, maybe, two times in the last six years.
     Anyway, I only took a sample of the recent figures I painted. Five regiments and three more to go. Plus, I painted the Union commanders. I might paint some artillery and the Confederate commanders. I have to cure a river for a comission project for at least 48 hours, so I should have some time to spare. Either way, do not mind the figures not matching the board. They are matched up to the actually board. These figures are just placed a mat for Aspern-Essling: different country and season. Enjoy!
 



2 comments:

  1. Dang! You are busy!! The Sash and Sabre figures look great! Can't believe someone is using This Hallowed Ground as well ... very cool!!! And exciting to see the Aspern-Essling mats ... whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff David! Can't believe the amount of figures you are going to be painting, madness, lol!

    ReplyDelete