Tuesday, May 26, 2020

AAR: Bolt Action: Germans Vs. French (Infantry Only)


    Before the previous post of a desert slap fight game, I had played another Bolt Action game against a gentlemen named Michael who ran his Bulgarians. In that first game against each other, I slightly maybe completely destroyed most of his units. We had fun, but that seemed a little bad for a first encounter. This seemed a mix of good rolls, bad rolls and my list with two Panzer IV's in a re-inforced platoon. Since there was slight complaint about vehicles, this game a week later, I decided to live on the edge and run German Fallschrimjaegers without any vehicles. And he brought French with a bunch of artillery. Part of this game was to show you can still play this game with no real problems running just infantry. Actually, playing infantry only tends to be a rare occasion.
     So how did this game play out, since I did not take too many pictures. Well, I almost won the game if it was not for a turn seven. Our game ended in a Draw based on last turn assaults. It was a very violent game that had a lot of tension. Of this was in a fun way. The game play was that tense, it stopped several by-passers to stop an watch for Turn Four until the end. This is also why I forgot to photograph most of the game. I am sure other people photographed it. I will have to find out who has what. If I do, I will have to post the full game story.












No comments:

Post a Comment