Monday, November 11, 2019

AAR: Lord Of The Rings: A game is Georgia.


      On a recent weekend, Kalissa and I travelled down to Atlanta, Ga to visit her parents and to go to my brother's wedding. At this point, we were still not 100% on the wedding plans. However, that is besides the point. We mainly were down for the wedding. Everything else was just a bonus. It has been nine years, since Kalissa and I had been in the Atlanta Metro Area, so we figured we would try to play a game between down time of events. We originally start wargaming with Flames of War playing at the Kennesaw, Ga Hobbytown, U.S.A.
    Since we have been gone, there has been a new gaming venue that appeared. So we wanted to check it out. Giga-Bites Cafe is in Marietta, Ga  not far from where I grew up. We went there and decided to play a quick game of Lord of the Rings. In a normal clash of our games, it was a slaughter on my end of the game. I lost all of the Orcs only to kill nine Rohan Warriors. I know that we mentioned playing a short game, but it was all over by turn four. I was okay with this, since it gave some more time to look around the store and buy things! We got away with a fairly light load of terrain and some gangster casualties for Chicago at 50% off. The venue of Giga-Bites Cafe was really nice. It had a nice larger gaming area amongst two rooms, a cafe, and a rather large selection of gaming figures and paints  in a shopping area the size of a small bookstore. I wish they would have more places like this in the country.
    Anyway, it was a good weekend of family and gaming. These are my slaughter pictures with my happy wife. Enjoy!







There was a chance that the Rohan Riders were sent by Darth Vader, but I can't be too sure!







No comments:

Post a Comment