Sunday, August 12, 2018

AAR: What A Tanker: Spousal Throw Down In 15mm.


      After a night of playing What A Tanker, Kalissa and I decided to play again at the local Hobbytown, U.S.A. We have not been playing Flames of War in a while and it seems silly to not be playing with our rather large collection of Flames of War armies. Kalissa has roughly eleven companies and I have about twelve. Some people have said that we could sell off some of these, but we do not really sell our miniatures that often. However, 15mm had a good potential for these rules. Plus, we have plenty of tanks based off the companies we have with Flames of War. So we brought out my Germans and Kalissa's Soviets...... that she is not really into. I told her that she should give them a chance, since it was only the Flames of War rules she did not like them in. They had not seen the light of day in so long, we had to explain to one of our friends where they came from.
      We made the decision to run two tanks per side. Part of the hope was to bring other players into the game if needed. After all, the second reason for coming out was to share historical gaming to the public and people we do not know. Unfortunately, no one took that offer despite showing some interest. Kalissa was running SU-100's and T-34/85's. I was running Jagdpanthers and Jagdpanzer IV L70's. Yes, we decided to run some heavy hitters. Throughout this game, I cannot imagine my wife liking the Soviets any more in this game. They mostly died. It took two SU-100's and two T-34/85's to parish in flames before Kalissa's first kill. The Jagdpanther took nine hits before finally being destroyed. It became Kalissa's mini-goal. Most of this came down to some bad rolling and the suggestion that she was letting me win for a change, since I am usually losing games. I won't except that because I might have another year of terrible rolling. Either way, we had some good fun. We might have to play more of this game in 15mm in the future.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment