Saturday, August 11, 2018

AAR: What A Tanker: Desert Tank Duels.


     It is not very often that evening games are played at the house, but when friends feel like playing a game and I have a commission board that needs some action on before it leaves, why not play What A Tanker. Kalissa and I had picked up a copy after our friend, Hugh, brought his copy over to play. When you have a game that is simple and fun, it really is a no-brainer to pick them up! We had our friends over: Lori, Wayne, and William. We could not convince Lori to play, but everyone else did. Kalissa and William played as the wiley Canadians. Wayne and I played the Germans. Due to my wife's tank problem, it seemed natural to bring out her Canadian Shermans. There are 14 of them that I am aware of. But then, again I found three more unbuilt Warlord Tanks the other day! I decided to run Panzer III J's. I gave Wayne the Panzer IV F2's.
    For the pictures of this game, I found that I need better lighting for our Gameroom and that I may or may not be that good of a photographer while drinking whiskey. Despite the alcohol amongst the crowd, everyone picked up on the game very well. We were still able to understand the rules and knew what we were doing. The trash talk and the rolling went on well into the early morning hours. When my wife decided to go to sleep, I figured that was going to be the end of the game. However, William happily took over Kalissa's tank to play quite a few more turns. It appears that no one liked the game. Not at all. No one bit. I will post the game we played next in another posting.






















   

No comments:

Post a Comment