Wednesday, June 8, 2016

AAR: Bolt Action, Saturday Sponse Fight!



    One of the great things about being married to someone who also wargames is that you always can have someone for game tests. July is fast coming into our sites for Historicon 2016. And though, I have most everything complete for our four games of Bolt Action, I have not tested some units that would be involved on the table. The main one is the German Nebelwerfer.  I have two of these, but I had yet to test them out despite being finished for eight months. In fact, I bought them at last year's Historicon! The other unit was the American Mortar halftrack. This, too me, works just like other mortars. However, it would be nice to play it in a game before being used by other people.
    So like typical games with my wife, Kalissa, our games have to be bloody and violent to rival some horror slasher films. As a friend of ours put it, our casualties say enough. To make things more interesting, we bought out our craters as well. I made these not too long ago. Some people in the game room thought they looked like cookies when they were not being used. I am sure some unlucky kid is going to have quite the surprise when they taste paint and kitty litter!
    In a usual fashion, the Americans came out in force through the hedgerows creating a nice firing line. I had a PaK40 and Stug III to try to keep the Sherman tanks in check. If all else, failed, I had my infantry armed with some Panzerfaust buddies. The surprise was the Nebelwerfer. First shot, did not hit the intended target, but still hit another infantry squad that took 12 hits as a heavy mortar. One out of 11 men survived. It must have been raining Chuck Norris! The same happened again, 12 hits to a different target, a three man command team with no survivors. The last hit came on the final guy from the first squad: 10 hits, no survivors. I must say! Wow! The first time out for the mortar half track, never hit a soul, but lived through the whole game. Anyway, here were some photos of the game.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment