Tuesday, February 23, 2021

AAR: Normandy Firefight: British vs. Germans

 


        Kalissa and I decided to play another home game, since we had the time to for a change. Besides, I tend to like to play on commission mats before they leave. In this case, we decided to play a game of Normandy Firefight. As usual, I have five of my pesky Germans versus my wife's British men. I had my leader with a St44, one man with an MP40, and the last three with KAR98 rifles. The British had two men with Sten Guns and three with rifles. Like most of the Normandy Firefight games, they also seem one sided games when getting into the action. I am not sure why, but it seems that the first person shot/killed on a side turns into a terrible day. In this game, it was not my side. In fact, I escaped with no one injured and three kills. One of my men with the MP40 ran around and shot one poor Brit in the back at point blank. Other deaths were caused from great rifle shots. Of course, Kalissa had a lot of fun, despite her demise, because she felt that gaming was very relaxing. That was almost a direct quote. Either way, I am sure I will have a bad game of German deaths in the future as usual. Until that time, here are photos of our game. Enjoy!

Yeah, I went the cheap way by just dropping sand on the matt for play purposes. This is a commission, so I could not add roads. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment