Friday, March 6, 2020

AAR: Congo: Bungle In the Jungle


 
       This was a game of Congo that Kalissa and I played recently at a local game store called Hit Point Hobbies located in Aberdeen, NC. It is a 45 minute trek away from us, but we he recently attended a Bolt Action Tournament there. Kalissa was asked to advise so to speak. Either way, we got to meet a lot more historical gamers than normal, so it seemed logical to go out there again on a Thursday. I think Lord of the Rings was slightly burning out for my wife for the time being, she likes playing different games. A kind of spicing of games, if you will!
  Anyway, we needed to brush up on some Congo rules, because my lovely wife wants to run a Congo game at this year's Historicon. This was a simple game of explorers versus the forest tribe. If you have not played Congo, you should really look into it. It is a fun game. It is card driven and initiative based. And I came to a realization that my wife does not like the Terror card I like to play. I think I enjoy that card more than shooting!
   Even though, I won the game as the explorers, it was a hallow victory considering I lost about the same amount of people as the tribesmen. It will be interesting to see how her scenario pans out involve four factions. We still have to get one more for me to paint. I am just glad my Terror reduced the pigmyes from being more dangerous. However, that did not stop them from poison darting my leader! Here are the pictures of our game. Enjoy!





























No comments:

Post a Comment