Saturday, February 8, 2020

AAR: Bolt Action Firefight: Snowball Fight with Bullets!


      We recently got to test out the newer Bolt Action Firefight game. The rules are not yet finished, so we were offered a chance to playtest it and see how we felt about them. This also gave me an excuse to field some winter soldiers. I painted these a week ago, mostly. There are still some finishing touches I have to do. Plus, I figured it would be nice to use the ridiculous amount of bottle-brush trees I have. The ones on the table are only a fourth of them that are still snow/winter trees. I painted half of them for summer trees as well. In case you are asking why, it was other wargamers fault. When we lived in Atlanta, GA, all of the local wargamers would raid the hobby shops and Walmarts for the Christmas trees. They would show up on the self one day and might survive for a day or two. In Fayetteville, NC, I kept buying them with the same mentality! Here, the trees actually make it to Clearance.
   Anywho, Kalissa and I both fielded ten men. Each man was rated as their on unit. So each die was for one man. The rules are set up for 200 pts and below. They require a minimum of one Lieutenant and one squad of infantry. You can have more plus some other support. However, there is no armour in this game. There are grenades! That was the joy that we saw at first glance. Our Normandy Firefight games are a joy to play based on our grenade throwing. Bolt Action Firefight does not have a two action process for grenades. It is not the end of the world, but that made Normandy Firefight fun. Kalissa did manage to kill to of my men with one grenade. Shooting was just like the normal game with the same rules as the regular game. I still rolled fairly awful, just like my regular games. But since this is a playtest of unfinished rules, it is hard to say what will remain the same. We ended out game in a draw. She killed six of my men; I killed five of hers. Either way, it was a fun, quick game.
























1 comment:

  1. Great stuff David! And it was great seeing you and Kalissa at Siege of Augusta 🙂

    ReplyDelete