Thursday, January 30, 2020

AAR: Black Powder: Jacobite Rising: Battle of Prestonpans 1745


   This is a game that my friend, Eric was playtesting for a future convention game. It just happened that we tested this game out at a convention. This was based on the Battle of Prestonpans 1745 during the Jacobite Rebellion. I decided to play as the Dragoons on the British side versus the Jacobites. I had another guy named Mike who ran the rest of the British against three other players: Alan, Eric's son, and Robert (I believe). Eric was running the game as the empire in typical fashion buy forgetting some key information. My wife, Kalissa pointed this out in the few walk bys to keep us in check. Example, my Dragoons suck! A great need to know information!
     Though the historical battle took 30 minutes, we happily extended it a few more hours. Like the last time I played Black Powder, I was told that my Dragoons would most likely leave the field first. However, they stayed! I was able to roll a "six" at the last moment to disorder Murray's force to make the Jacobites to abandon the field. This was the opposite of what happened. The British being "green" troops that ran! It was still fun.















1 comment: