Monday, May 6, 2019

AAR: Ronin: Chinese/Korean Conflict


        It has been a while, since Osprey Publishing's Ronin has been played, since we got the rules. For a time, we were buying Osprey's rules when they came out. After they started kicking them out every month, we realized that we could not keep up. However, Kalissa and I did buy into Ronin. Kalissa may not had been as interested in these rules originally, but I think she knew that I have a deep interest in Feudal Japan. I did graduate from college with a minor in Chinese and Japanese history. I still find the various dynasties of China very fascinating. Also, the era of samurai rocks!
    In this Ronin game, it was between the Koreans and the Chinese. The only reasons for both of these factions to exist in these rules for us is that they list these in the book as options. Also, they premade these options in box sets of miniatures. Originally, this was one of the first Osprey Publishing buy-in's that we did. We gained four factions from the iniational release date. However, these were added for a future game for Historicon 2019.  Of course, this means we have to try them out. Kalissa indirectly volunteered our friend, William, to play. Normally, he has a select amount of games. I was not expecting miracles with him. He got to play as the Chinese, where as, I played the Koreans. The Chinese had more of an advantage, since his troops had Heavy Armor. Most of my troops did not. The game ended in  a bow stand off. I lost with a shot to the face. At least, that is what made sense of the rolls. These two factions would do great for Kalissa's Historicon game, though, she did not see my demise.





No comments:

Post a Comment