Sunday, May 5, 2019

AAR: Lord of the Rings: Battle Companies: Saturday Games

 

     It was another round of Battle Companies for Lord of the Rings at our local Hobbytown, U.S.A! It may look like Kalissa and I have gone over to the darkside by playing a lot of fantasy games as of late. Fear not, for we have not abandoned historical wargaming. It just happens to be that we have had the opportunity to play more games with different people. And to be honest, this is the longest that a group of gamers we have  gamed with in a near campaign like setting.
   However the fun is, it does not mean that these games are easy going. After the new Battle Companies book came out from Games Workshop, our companies have gone up and down hill. After two games this Saturday, I went from a 250 point list to a 55 point list due to permanently killed characters. I know that the person who did that to me feels really bad about that. However, I looked at it a science experiment. I am still having fun. And the plus is that Kalissa has played more people that are not me. Being a wargaming couple is nice, but I believe that it is good to experience different players as much as you can. After all, this is also a social hobby. The pictures on this post are mainly of my wife and I's game and my game against Cy's undead. I should have got more pictures from the other games we played. Anyway, enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment