Saturday, February 20, 2021

AAR: Bolt Action: Polish AK Army versus Soviet Forces.

 


   From another weekend, Kalissa and I got to actually venture out to the gaming world over at a local hobby shop, Hit Point Hobbies. With non-stop working between the two of us, it was nice to have a gaming day amongst friends. Work seems to be slowing down a little bit giving me more free time for future games and commission work. I have a lot of fun things to paint/build. 

    Anyway, we went to the store where most of the players were there to finish the tale end of the local Bolt Action Escalation League. I was suppose to take part in the League. That was the main reason for making my Polish Army. Instead, I am just going to have to force myself to make a convention game out of my army. However, while we were there, I threw in for a game against some Soviets. Now, I found that I may have broke some wargaming courtesies, since I did not bring my army list, so there was some guess work involving what I played. I told Michael, who was my opponent, that I had roughly a 1750 point list of my Polish. It turns out that this was nowhere near being true. I found out when I got home, I was running 1244 point list. I needed three more full strength inexperienced militia squads to make it there. So this is the second game for them for the second time being out matched. I mentioned this, because my Polish were very good in this game. Actually, I will go as far as "Stellar!" I lost a total of eight people after killing a T-34/85 Flame tank, two AT Teams, one Regular squad and a truck. Both of my inexperienced militia squads rolled a six after the first casualty upgrading to Regular troops, and they performed both assaults. The only addition to my list that I did not believe was true was the rule on Partizans were they get booby traps for free. It is not the rule that is the problem, but as I told them, I did not believe my AK Army counts as a Partizan list. Only one trap went off killing and AT Team. Again, at home, I found that what I was saying was true. My list would not have had them. However, this was a friendly game, so I am sure I will be forgiven.  I hope.











   

  


No comments:

Post a Comment