Monday, March 30, 2020

AAR: Bolt Action: Where's Captain K When You Need Him!


     After everyone has been cancelled by Coronavirus in our area, despite a lack of cases in our area, Kalissa and I decided to still play on! And so why not some Bolt Action! There was suppose to be a Bolt Action Tournament in our area in April, but that is not happening! This was a tournament that Kalissa and I were not running, so we planned on just playing in general. That is right! I am willing to play in a tournament where A.) I count!, and B.) I am going to try to win! It has been before this blog of my, since this has happened. So I went to the dark side! I decided to make a Soviet list. As a German player, this is unthinkable, but I still plan to do so if I play in a Bolt Action Tournament of my own choosing.
   However, in this home game of ours, Kalissa was playing the Soviets. I wanted to see what weaknesses the Soviet list I have made had. Now, to be fair, she did run the exact list. We tend not to play with point options. This list I would be running is based on 1250 points for the tournament. We would have subtract the medium machine gun and one of the 120 mm mortars. Yes, there would be three IS-2 tanks! She ran three IS-2 Tanks, one T-70, one inexperienced rifle squad, one regular rifle squad, one veteran scout squad, one veteran naval squad, one regular sniper, one regular medium machine gun, one regular medic, one regular HQ team, and two regular 120 mm mortars. I decided to run regular everything! I had four squads of grenadiers, one panzershreck team, one medic, one 1st lieutenant, three Stug III G's, and one Whirbelwind.
    How was the game! I would like to say that the Germans were Victorious................. in my mind. The Germans lost seven units to the three. We had a pre-bombardment that took out my panzershrek team and the medic! They were not important for the Germans! I failed seven morale rolls in the game. I rolled a plethora of "ones"! One might say, it was one sided. However, I got rid of the naval squad, one IS-2, and the inexperienced squad. It was a fun game, but these Soviets were pretty awesome. I just do not know if they will do well under my hands. I had Kalissa run them for the other reason. I wanted her to have more flexibility with Soviets. Her only experience with Soviets in the past where with Flames of War rules. She says she still likes her British better. Here are the rest of the photos. Enjoy!























1 comment:

  1. Amazing looking terrain, you have put a lot of effort in to this and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete