Sunday, May 20, 2018

AAR: Pantheon: Testing Out Kalissa's Pantheon Board.


     This will be a first for my wife, Kalissa this year. She will be running games at Historicon 2018. Since we have been playing Mythic Battles: Pantheon, we have had some awesome games. However, since we do not know other people who have gained this game, since it's success on Kickstarter, Kalissa decided to demonstrate this game at Historicon. It will be interest, since we both will be running games at the same time. This leaves me to my own devices. Scary!
   Of course, I cannot let her run her first convention games without a nice set up, so I made a board for her. This is my third hard board I have made. I usually like to still with mats. However, I pretty much put together this board in about eight hours give or take. I found myself kind of sidetracked watching Guy's Grocery Games on T.V. Either way, we decided to take it to Hobbytown to play test on. And if anyone wanted to play a game randomly, we could have done that, too!
    Kalissa and I ended up playing two games of Pantheon. She won one game and I won the other. It was funny for the firs game after discovering in mid-game that it was nearly impossible for me to win based a  rule that all of Kalissa's units had called "Block." Since this is mainly a board game, this rule keeps opposing units out of areas unless your unit also has a rating of "Block" You can only guess what ratings I did not have. She swore that she did not do this on purpose, but these are good things to know. It has been decided that lists must be made for the players in advance for the convention game. This will eliminate some accidental power playing that could ruin the game experience. The second game was a hard win in my favor after some countless attacks. I only managed to loose Medusa. The rest of the time was spent trying to hack away at Zeus, who Kalissa was running. This game was twice the game time. And below were the pictures of both games.


This is the board. The black wire divide the different areas that have the same terrain rating. The numbers are the amount of units allowed in an area.

The gems that you have to collect more of to win.


The partial paint Hercules that is angry in the woods! Paint me!


Good ol' Zeus!


The blocking force!


This was Kalissa's way of showing me how close I was to killing Zeus.













This is one of those rolls were you know that you troops hate you!


1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the pillars from? They really add to the board.

    ReplyDelete