Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Bolt Action: Demo Game

 


    One day, when I came home from work, my wife stated that we were going to go on a road trip on my next day off, which was a Tuesday. Apparently, someone from the Charolette, North Carolina contacted Kalissa asking to meet up to help expand the Bolt Action community in that area. Kalissa is a Warlord Games Raider, so she agreed. We took off to travel across the state to meet up with the owners of a place called "Mighty Meeple", a store based on Concord, NC.  This was almost a three hour drive for us. Not the worse drive for us, and this is why it puzzles me when people do not believe we will travel to play games. The store, itself, was not what I was expecting. It is known for a rather large "Magic" scene, but it was large new, and very clean. There is nothing wrong with this, but most places I wargamed at were either dirty, old, or a converted something to a hobby shop. It is a very nice place.

   So the intent that we got was that the owners wanted to expand on their wargames and miniatures sails. They asked for ideas and thoughts on how to do things. We were there to have our brains picked. However, we also thought it would be good to actually have every play the rules. They seemed to have only watch videos of the game, so it needed to be played. I like that people make Youtube videos of their games, but I find the best way to learn and love a game is to actually play it. I learned to try rules at demonstrations and convention games to decide whether or not I would buy into them. I can thank our friend, Hugh for encouraging that. 

   The game was a basic meeting engagement between British and Germans. There were not actual points to even things out. We just rated all troops as "Regulars". We also try to have all sorts of unit types for players to test different rules. Though, the Germans had stopped the British in the demo battle, we covered a lot of rules, and everyone seemed to fun. Mission accomplished! As long as they, try to promote games of social media, I am sure that they can make a difference. Here are photos of the game. Enjoy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment