Sunday, December 10, 2017

AAR: This Hallowed Ground: Second Game Trial

   
     This was a test game Kalissa and I decided to play recently. We wanted to get a feel of some of modifications we made to the rules of "This Hallowed Ground" to see how they panned out. This were not too dramatic of changes. Mainly, we have to modify the worn and break points for certain units, because they were different sizes. I don't think people would be happy at a convention losing a unit based on morale with more than half the unit still on the table. We also had my starting Confederates with limited ammunition. The Union had some repeating rifles that were limited to three turns of shooting before they had to switch to half normal shooting. The reason was based on the Battle of Olustee we plan on running, two of the regiments ran out of ammunition during the battle for their Spencer rifles, so they were traded in mid-battle for unproven muskets in which only half ended up firing. It is not much of a wonder on why this battle was just as chaotic.
      In this game, Kalissa and I had the same number of units. The difference was that she had two cavalry units and I had a cavalry unit and an extra set of guns. We placed half of our forces on the table about a foot in. We rolled for initiative where I won out. Then, I just ending up getting great rolls from then on. Saves were near non-existent for the Union side. We both decided that maybe we need to lower the save to the 5+ just to give a little more hope, because Kalissa would roll 5's, but no 6's. Or at least, I felt like I burrowed all of the 6's, since I rolled a ton of them. I probably will not roll any more of them for the rest of this year. Anyway, here are some of the photos from our game.. Enjoy!


















1 comment:

  1. Wow, great stuff David. The game is really coming together! I hear you on the 6's ... I can never roll them ... I'm always looking for cover to get the improved saves - course, I can't roll 5's either ;-)

    ReplyDelete